Sunday, February 26, 2012

Naturopathic Med School: Update 2

It is now nearly the end of Winter Quarter 2012. By the fact that I haven't had a post since last fall should indicate how insane my schedule is right now! Class all day (from 8-6 or 7 some days) and then study, study, study. I'm always tired/hungry/sick of sitting! I want to exercise but I either have no energy or I need to study, or I would rather eat dinner at a reasonable hour.

My current course load is:
Living Anatomy/Gross Anatomy (Lecture)
Gross Anatomy (Cadaver lab)
Biochemistry
Hydrotherapy (Lecture and lab)
Naturopathic Medicine in Clinical Theory (Lecture and small group "lab")
Solving Problems in Human Physiology
Embryology

Additionally, I work at the bookstore 3 hours per week, attend meetings with my Doctor Mentor (Dr. Dodge), and Dr. Love's Brown Bag, Tutorial, and Round Table sessions. Oh, and I play hockey on Tuesday nights and do yoga in between classes on Friday.

Midterms were rough (I wonder why?!) but, with a few weeks left in the quarter, I think i'm recovering and preparing well for finals.

Many of my classmates have gone on the 5A track but i'm refusing for as long as possible. Hopefully I can stick to 4 years. In the very least, I would consider 5B, which breaks up the last two years of my program in to three.

I'm still doing photography here and there, and art, too. Life, as busy as it is, is exciting.

It's currently 10:10 which means I'm already past my bedtime (another problem.. I can't sacrifice my sleep for good grades, it seems).

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment